User Interface Request

For software support
TinTin

User Interface Request

Post by TinTin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:47 am

Hi,
love the simplicity of the app and it worked right away.

Would like to see a few more options in Preferences;
1. launch app when starting MacBook, include option to launch minimised to the Menubar.

Love the simplicity of clicking on the menubar and having my active switches drop down and being able to control them from there.
2. Would be great to have the Menubar icon change from a fan to something with a broader HomeControl meaning - ie maybe a House, outline with the I (on) 0 (off) inside it. Just seems the fan does not do the magnitude of the app justice.

great setup
cheers

DaveSignal
Site Admin

Re: User Interface Request

Post by DaveSignal » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks. An autolaunch can also be done by going to system prefs/users and groups/login items.
But I might be able to set up an in-app preferences option for this.

As for the menubar icon, those icons need to look good at 16x16 px. It is hard to get any kind of design to look good at this size unless it is extremely simple. I will look into it though, maybe I can create some more options.

I am currently on vacation, but I can try to do a few updates next week.

- Dave

TinTin

Post by TinTin » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:47 am

Thanks Dave,
Enjoy the holidays.

Was thinking of your simple icon requirements and recon it may be possible to replicate the intent of the colourful house/remote control icon as used within the App Store. A silhouette icon to that would prove continuity of representation.

DaveSignal
Site Admin

Post by DaveSignal » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:47 pm

A new build has been uploaded (1.22) with a new icon for the menubar that is probably more appropriate. This is still waiting for review and it is a holiday weekend, so it might take a couple of days to clear review.

- Dave

TinTin

Post by TinTin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:18 am

It's up on the App site now, and I just downloaded the update.
Nice new icon. Sums up what the app does now :)

cheers
Steve